Saturday, October 13, 2007

Wisdom (?) From Iran: Boycott Peace Conference

Supreme Leader of Iran, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, the man President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad must answer to, has told Muslims to boycott an American-sponsored peace conference this November.

Iran has shown a sincere interest in solving the Jewish problem in the Middle East before. Among other Iran's efforts are support of
  • Hezbollah (Shiite, southern Lebanon
  • Hamas (Sunni, Palestine/Gaza)
  • Islamic Jihad ((I haven't learned which flavor of Islam), Palestine/Lebanon)
The Supreme Leader of Iran says the peace conference, scheduled to start November 26, at the Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland, is no good because it will hurt the Palestinians.

Since the conference is unlikely to swear death to Israel, death to the Great Satan America, I suppose the Ayatollah Khamenei's attitude is understandable. I could be wrong, but considering Iran's track record and the position of Khamenei's subordinant Ahmadinejad on the destruction of Israel, I don't think so.

Related posts, on Individuals and the War on Terror.

No comments:

Unique, innovative candles


Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle Store

Blogroll

Note! Although I believe that these websites and blogs are useful resources for understanding the War on Terror, I do not necessarily agree with their opinions. 1 1 Given a recent misunderstanding of the phrase "useful resources," a clarification: I do not limit my reading to resources which support my views, or even to those which appear to be accurate. Reading opinions contrary to what I believed has been very useful at times: sometimes verifying my previous assumptions, sometimes encouraging me to change them.

Even resources which, in my opinion, are simply inaccurate are sometimes useful: these can give valuable insights into why some people or groups believe what they do.

In short, It is my opinion that some of the resources in this blogroll are neither accurate, nor unbiased. I do, however, believe that they are useful in understanding the War on Terror, the many versions of Islam, terrorism, and related topics.