Sunday, October 21, 2007

Things Take Time: World War II Timeline

"A time-line of World War II" is a good reminder of how much time elapsed during World War II, from the book burnings to the end of hostilities.

And, it's not anywhere near as clearly-defined as the situation in many of those old WWII movies.

I'd be surprised in the war on terror takes as little time as the last global war did. Then, there were a fairly small number of well-defined centers of power. And, it was possible to move in and conquer those centers.

The Islamic fanatics that are on the move now are nowhere near as centralized as Germany, Japan and the other Axis powers.

Another point: Take a look at who did (and didn't do) what in WWII. The good guys/bad guys division was no more clear then, than it is now.

So remember: the war on terror doesn't resemble the plot line of a Hollywood blockbuster; because it's happening in the real world.

No comments:

Unique, innovative candles


Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle Store

Blogroll

Note! Although I believe that these websites and blogs are useful resources for understanding the War on Terror, I do not necessarily agree with their opinions. 1 1 Given a recent misunderstanding of the phrase "useful resources," a clarification: I do not limit my reading to resources which support my views, or even to those which appear to be accurate. Reading opinions contrary to what I believed has been very useful at times: sometimes verifying my previous assumptions, sometimes encouraging me to change them.

Even resources which, in my opinion, are simply inaccurate are sometimes useful: these can give valuable insights into why some people or groups believe what they do.

In short, It is my opinion that some of the resources in this blogroll are neither accurate, nor unbiased. I do, however, believe that they are useful in understanding the War on Terror, the many versions of Islam, terrorism, and related topics.