Sunday, October 28, 2007

USS Cole Mastermind Back in Prison; Or Never Was Released; Or Something Like That

"Mastermind of USS Cole attack still in detention, 2 Yemeni government Web sites say" is how the International Herald Tribune headline reads.

So far, the Yemeni vote on whether or not Jamal al-Badawi was released from prison is two "no," and one abstention. SABA, Yemen's official news agency, didn't run the denial published by Yemen's Defense Ministry weekly newspaper (on September 26??), or the National Congress Party. The latter is the outfit that runs Yemen these days.

I've no idea who is more nearly truthful here.

My biased guess is that al-Badawi was released quietly, in the manner of Arafat's enlightened policy of publicly arresting terrorists, then privately releasing them. Such a policy, if carefully managed, is good for public relations without actually impeding terrorists' operations.

I suspect that the rulers of Yemen had no clue that infidels would ever hear of al-Badawi's release: or that they didn't realize that, even seven years after the Cole, some Americans still give a rip about who killed some of us.

More at

No comments:

Unique, innovative candles


Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle Store

Blogroll

Note! Although I believe that these websites and blogs are useful resources for understanding the War on Terror, I do not necessarily agree with their opinions. 1 1 Given a recent misunderstanding of the phrase "useful resources," a clarification: I do not limit my reading to resources which support my views, or even to those which appear to be accurate. Reading opinions contrary to what I believed has been very useful at times: sometimes verifying my previous assumptions, sometimes encouraging me to change them.

Even resources which, in my opinion, are simply inaccurate are sometimes useful: these can give valuable insights into why some people or groups believe what they do.

In short, It is my opinion that some of the resources in this blogroll are neither accurate, nor unbiased. I do, however, believe that they are useful in understanding the War on Terror, the many versions of Islam, terrorism, and related topics.