Friday, October 19, 2007

Iran and Russia and Germany and Japan

I was going to write about Russian's Vladimir Putin and his apparent relationship with Iran's President Ahmadinejad, and the rest of Iran's leadership. But, someone beat me to it. "Vladimir's convenient relationship" (October 19, 2007) has commentary, quotes, and links on this subject.

As usual, in situations like this, I have the usual disclaimer about opinions on other blogs or websites not necessarily being my own, and my having no control over their content.

However, I think that American Interests is a very good place to get an intelligent alternative to the standard-issue views endemic to places like Berkeley, Amherst, and Boulder.

Finally, Why Germany and Japan in the title?

I don't think that the war on terror is a replay of WWII, but there are interesting parallels here and there.

One is the peculiar relationship of Germany and Japan (an alliance of a nation dedicated to the superiority of their leadership's notion of the "Aryan Race" and a nation which is very sincerely not "Aryan" by anyone's standards).

Russia and Iran show signs of becoming an similar Odd Couple. Time will tell.

Related posts, on Individuals and the War on Terror.

No comments:

Unique, innovative candles


Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle Store

Blogroll

Note! Although I believe that these websites and blogs are useful resources for understanding the War on Terror, I do not necessarily agree with their opinions. 1 1 Given a recent misunderstanding of the phrase "useful resources," a clarification: I do not limit my reading to resources which support my views, or even to those which appear to be accurate. Reading opinions contrary to what I believed has been very useful at times: sometimes verifying my previous assumptions, sometimes encouraging me to change them.

Even resources which, in my opinion, are simply inaccurate are sometimes useful: these can give valuable insights into why some people or groups believe what they do.

In short, It is my opinion that some of the resources in this blogroll are neither accurate, nor unbiased. I do, however, believe that they are useful in understanding the War on Terror, the many versions of Islam, terrorism, and related topics.