Thursday, July 19, 2007

Minnesota National Guard Troops Homecoming: Sauk Centre

Charlie Company of the Minnesota National Guard has been gone since October of 2005, serving a long tour of duty in Iraq, after preparations in Mississippi and Kuwait.

Now, after a very long wait, they're on their way home. Folks here in Sauk Centre, Minnesota, have been getting ready to greet Charlie Company. We expect them tomorrow, around 1:00. No, make that later today. It's after midnight here in Minnesota.

Although I'm related, one way or another, to almost half the town, I don't have anyone very close to me involved in the conflict. Even so, I'm excited and relieved at the thought that these Soldiers from our part of the state will soon be back with their families. For those who have near kin returning, it must be an 'extreme event.'

I've got a few more details, and pictures, in the currentSauk Centre Journal.

No comments:

Unique, innovative candles


Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle Store

Blogroll

Note! Although I believe that these websites and blogs are useful resources for understanding the War on Terror, I do not necessarily agree with their opinions. 1 1 Given a recent misunderstanding of the phrase "useful resources," a clarification: I do not limit my reading to resources which support my views, or even to those which appear to be accurate. Reading opinions contrary to what I believed has been very useful at times: sometimes verifying my previous assumptions, sometimes encouraging me to change them.

Even resources which, in my opinion, are simply inaccurate are sometimes useful: these can give valuable insights into why some people or groups believe what they do.

In short, It is my opinion that some of the resources in this blogroll are neither accurate, nor unbiased. I do, however, believe that they are useful in understanding the War on Terror, the many versions of Islam, terrorism, and related topics.