All times are Britain's GMT (UTC+0)
Friday, June 29, 2007
- 1:25 a.m.: Ambulance goes to central London nightclub Tiger Tiger nightclub to treat a patron. Police called when ambulance crew sees smoke coming from a green Mercedes. (Tiger Tiger was having ladies' night)
- 2:00 a.m. or so: Bomb squad arrives. They find the car packed with gasoline, nails, "patio gas" (propane) cylinders and something to set the mess off, and defuse the explosives.
- 2:30 a.m., roughly: Blue Mercedes between Haymarket and Trafalgar Square is ticketed and towed. It was parked illegally.
- Later that morning: Attendants at the impound lot, smell gasoline around the blue Mercedes. Police close street to investigate.
- 9:00 p.m.: Police report: Blue Mercedes had explosives materials inside, much like the green Mercedes.
- 3:15 p.m.: A flaming Jeep Cherokee with two men inside crashes through the main entrance of Glasgow's Blackpool airport. The Jeep, the driver, and the passenger are put out. The men were arrested and the Jeep investigated.
- 8:15 p.m.: British authorities raise their country's security alert level to critical, indicating that terror attacks are imminent - the highest level possible. Not a bad idea, under the circumstances.