"Ban criticized both Israel for its bombardment of Gaza and Hamas for firing rockets into Israel and urged members to act 'swiftly and decisively to put this crisis to an end.' " (FOXNews)
Criticism of Israel and Hamas?!Coming after the Palestinian president very nearly blaming Hamas for triggering the current unpleasantness, and an Iranian newspaper 'accidentally' printing a story critical of Hamas, telling someone besides the Jews in the Middle east to stop fighting is almost hopeful.
I suspect that, at best, the United Nations will embrace the idea that Hamas attacks on civilians are equivalent to Israel's attacks on ammunition dumps and control centers. Still, acknowledging that Hamas might have some responsibility is a step away from the 'it is the fault of the Jews' attitude I've come to expect.
And, if the notion of moral equivalence stopped being so fashionable, we'd have serious progress.
- "Look at the Poor, Pulverized, Palestinians!"
(January 6, 2009)
- "Hamas Facing Logical Consequences: And the Jews Are to Blame"
(January 3, 2009)
- "Hamas, Palestine, Israel, and How to Seem Sophisticated"
(January 3, 2009)
- "Iranian Newspaper Calls Hamas Terrorists, Gets Banned"
(December 31, 2008)
- "Guinea, Military Rule, and Terrorism: Beware Hasty Judgment"
(December 29, 2008)
- "Palestinian Leader Condemns Hamas: That's Something You Don't Hear Every Day"
(December 28, 2008)
- "News, Truth, and Why America is at Fault"
(June 20, 2008)
- "Moral Equivalence, Prisoners, and Al Qaeda"
(July 21, 2007)
- "Israel to Halt Assault on Gaza for 3 Hours a Day"
FOXNews (January 7, 2009)
The fighting in gaza must stop when Israel has destroyed Hamas,
I myself am another War on terror and global news blogger. This war in the middle east is shaking the war on terror world.
I'm inclined to agree, about the importance of the Palestinian chauvinists in the War on Terror.
Despite my focus on Hamas over the last few days, I don't think that removing Hamas would end the problem of anti-Israeli and anti-outsider terrorism in the Middle East.
There are, in my view, too many people in that part of the world who haven't gotten over the shock of discovering that not everybody is just like them.
Post a Comment