Army's Adjutant General Apologizes on YouTubeBrigadier General Reuben Jones, the Army's Adjutant General, is on YouTube. For about three and a half minutes, he:
- Tells what happened
- Tells what the Army is doing for its 'family'
- Recommunicating with those families "in a proper way"
- Communicating with Army leaders around the world: so they know the facts, and can answer questions when family members come, with questions
- "Doing everything humanly possible to prevent this from ever happening again"
- Briefly describes Survivor Outreach Services, or SOS, a program that helps the families of fallen soldiers
The video went up yesterday. 304 people had viewed the video when I saw it this evening. I wrote, "I think the Army has been handling the aftermath rather well" back on Wednesday. I still think so.
"Army issues apology for letter error"
soldiermediacenter, YouTube (January 9, 2009)
- "Army 'John Doe' Letter: Major SNAFU, Classy Cleanup"
(January 7, 2009)