Monday, October 20, 2008

Sarah Palin's a Nazi: I Saw it on Television

I know: it's just a cartoon.

Sunday night's "Family Guy" episode included a scene where Brian (a talking dog, and arguably the only sane character on the show, apart from Lois) is in Poland while the the Nazis are invading.

He looks at a Nazi uniform and sees a McCain Palin campaign button.


(From FOXNews, used without permission)

You'll have to look for the video on FOX. YouTube postings of an excerpt from last night's show aren't there any more. "This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by FOX" is what YouTube says.

Friends Don't Let Friends Vote Crazy

I sometimes feel that there should be signs like that around poling places this election. With a 'radical Muslim' and a 'Nazi' on the ticket, it's been raining nuts under the tree of liberty ("Monkey Pirates, Jews, and Zionists? Get a Grip!" (October 14, 2008)).

For the Americans who read this blog

However you vote this election, I hope you think about your choice. There's nothing wrong with feelings: I have them all the time. But they're lousy for making decisions. Decisions more important than, say, 'I'll read Garfield instead of Zits,' that is. (I read both, by the way.)

There's plenty of facts and stated positions to make an informed decision in the presidential election. One candidate threatens to continue the policies which are marginalizing Al Qaeda in Iraq, the other wants to "spread the wealth around," and both assure the electorate that they have the best interests of America at heart.

There's more to each candidate, and the party positions, of course.

But please, vote because of something that exists in the real world: not because somebody said Barack Obama is a radical Muslin, or that McCain is a Nazi.

In the news:
Updated (October 20, 2008)

In a way, I'm relieved to see that, so far, nobody seems to have realized that YouTube's acknowledgment of intellectual property rights could be packaged as part of the vast right wing conspiracy's attempt to cover up The Truth.

No comments:

Unique, innovative candles


Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle Store

Blogroll

Note! Although I believe that these websites and blogs are useful resources for understanding the War on Terror, I do not necessarily agree with their opinions. 1 1 Given a recent misunderstanding of the phrase "useful resources," a clarification: I do not limit my reading to resources which support my views, or even to those which appear to be accurate. Reading opinions contrary to what I believed has been very useful at times: sometimes verifying my previous assumptions, sometimes encouraging me to change them.

Even resources which, in my opinion, are simply inaccurate are sometimes useful: these can give valuable insights into why some people or groups believe what they do.

In short, It is my opinion that some of the resources in this blogroll are neither accurate, nor unbiased. I do, however, believe that they are useful in understanding the War on Terror, the many versions of Islam, terrorism, and related topics.