Monday, October 27, 2008

Domestic Terrorism? Obama Assassination Plot Thwarted

An assassination attempt involving a suicide attack on a prominent official was thwarted.

Baghdad? Islamabad? Fallujah?

Nope. Jackson, Tennessee.

Two men were going to go out in what I suppose they thought was a blaze of glory, killing a whole lot of blacks, beheading 14 of them, and winding up by gunning down Barack Obama. Wearing white tuxedos, yet.

Apparently, they didn't expect to complete their 'mission,' but were determined to try.

Domestic Terrorism? Sounds Like It

I don't know if what these two white supremacists had in mind was what the courts will call 'terrorism,' but what this pair of wannabe assassins had in mind sounds like terrorism to me.

I've said this before, but it bears repeating:
  • Not all terrorists are Muslims
  • Not all Muslims are terrorists
Maybe they'll see it as a sort of consolation prize: these two wunderkinds did shoot out the window of a church.

In the news:
Update (October 28, 2008)

It looks like the third time that law enforcement has stopped a plan (however spaced out) to kill Obama:

No comments:

Unique, innovative candles


Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle Store

Blogroll

Note! Although I believe that these websites and blogs are useful resources for understanding the War on Terror, I do not necessarily agree with their opinions. 1 1 Given a recent misunderstanding of the phrase "useful resources," a clarification: I do not limit my reading to resources which support my views, or even to those which appear to be accurate. Reading opinions contrary to what I believed has been very useful at times: sometimes verifying my previous assumptions, sometimes encouraging me to change them.

Even resources which, in my opinion, are simply inaccurate are sometimes useful: these can give valuable insights into why some people or groups believe what they do.

In short, It is my opinion that some of the resources in this blogroll are neither accurate, nor unbiased. I do, however, believe that they are useful in understanding the War on Terror, the many versions of Islam, terrorism, and related topics.