Wednesday, April 2, 2008

That's no Fly on the Wall: It's American Cyborg!

"American Cyborg" sounds like the name of a particularly painful comic book super-hero: probably from the seventies.

It's also a way to describe the rats, moths, pigeons, bulls and sharks with implants, that are the newest intelligence agents in the War on Terror.

Aside from being able to have a fly on the wall (literally) in rooms where terrorists meet, this technology will make it possible for search and rescue teams to find people buried in wreckage that only a rat could squeeze through.

America isn't the only country with cyborgs. A Chinese team has made bird-borgs. They implanted electrodes in pigeons' brains allowing the Chinese team to fly the birds from a laptop. I'm not clear on whether the pigeon cyborgs were strictly for research, or whether they were planned for either intelligence, or a particularly nasty sort of crowd control. (Think about it. Pigeons. Statues. Why it's a good idea to wear a hat in some cities.)

There's more, at "That Fly on the Wall Could Be an American Cyborg Spy" FOXNews (April 2, 2008).

A final thought: here's one more thing to worry about, for those who are convinced that the CIA blew up New York City's World Trade Center, and that They are watching.

No comments:

Unique, innovative candles


Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle Store

Blogroll

Note! Although I believe that these websites and blogs are useful resources for understanding the War on Terror, I do not necessarily agree with their opinions. 1 1 Given a recent misunderstanding of the phrase "useful resources," a clarification: I do not limit my reading to resources which support my views, or even to those which appear to be accurate. Reading opinions contrary to what I believed has been very useful at times: sometimes verifying my previous assumptions, sometimes encouraging me to change them.

Even resources which, in my opinion, are simply inaccurate are sometimes useful: these can give valuable insights into why some people or groups believe what they do.

In short, It is my opinion that some of the resources in this blogroll are neither accurate, nor unbiased. I do, however, believe that they are useful in understanding the War on Terror, the many versions of Islam, terrorism, and related topics.