Wednesday, March 19, 2008

What Would Constitute "Success" in Iraq: And How Could "Success" be Achieved?

I ended the last post with an implied question as to what would be "success" in Iraq, by the traditional news media's standards.

"Success," I think, would not be merely a total and immediate withdrawal from Iraq. The withdrawal would have to be part of a global disengagement of American aggressor armed forces, followed by the dissolution of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines and (for the most part) Coast Guard.

The Coast Guard would continue, after restructuring, as an agent for change and ecological responsibility, saving whales, manatees, and sharks who are endangered by the cancerous human encroachments on their sovereign territories.

I suggest that this transition might be expedited by the adaptation of a tactic used with mixed success some forty years ago.

I submit that, should the younger and more attractive female anti-war activists burn their bras in front of the White House, this would provide an incentive for the largely-male American armed forces to accept retirement.

In such an eventuality, I think we could have "success," by the standards of the traditional news media, and all the (self-described) best thinkers of America.

Peace, man! Groove on.

No comments:

Unique, innovative candles


Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle Store

Blogroll

Note! Although I believe that these websites and blogs are useful resources for understanding the War on Terror, I do not necessarily agree with their opinions. 1 1 Given a recent misunderstanding of the phrase "useful resources," a clarification: I do not limit my reading to resources which support my views, or even to those which appear to be accurate. Reading opinions contrary to what I believed has been very useful at times: sometimes verifying my previous assumptions, sometimes encouraging me to change them.

Even resources which, in my opinion, are simply inaccurate are sometimes useful: these can give valuable insights into why some people or groups believe what they do.

In short, It is my opinion that some of the resources in this blogroll are neither accurate, nor unbiased. I do, however, believe that they are useful in understanding the War on Terror, the many versions of Islam, terrorism, and related topics.