Friday, March 7, 2008

Embrace Peace or I'll Kill You! More Violent Peace Lovers

There's an interesting post, a sort of backgrounder for yesterday's Times Square bombing: "Make Incendiary Devices, Not War" Iraq War News (March 6, 2008).

What stands out in the post is the recounting of previous attacks by, ah, "anti-war" demonstrators. The ways of the peacenik are strange.

Since these events are related to the War on Terror, and aren't getting much attention, I've taking the liberty of making a list of events the Iraq War News blogger referred to. While I was at it, I added little extra information: Each of these incidents might be written off as a fairly minor act of some overwrought person. Put together like this, they show a pattern of violence in "anti-war" circles that's disturbing.

I made it through the sixties: I'd just as soon not repeat the experience.
1the 19-year old Manhattan College student who was arrested for making a third-rate Molotov cocktail and gluing a door shut had a handwritten note promising a "wave of violence" throughout the Northeast, aimed at the "military industrial complex." "Military industrial complex?" I haven't heard that phrase since the sixties and seventies. I suppose it's been cherished over the decades, by people who didn't want the spirit of the sixties to die out.

No comments:

Unique, innovative candles


Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle Store

Blogroll

Note! Although I believe that these websites and blogs are useful resources for understanding the War on Terror, I do not necessarily agree with their opinions. 1 1 Given a recent misunderstanding of the phrase "useful resources," a clarification: I do not limit my reading to resources which support my views, or even to those which appear to be accurate. Reading opinions contrary to what I believed has been very useful at times: sometimes verifying my previous assumptions, sometimes encouraging me to change them.

Even resources which, in my opinion, are simply inaccurate are sometimes useful: these can give valuable insights into why some people or groups believe what they do.

In short, It is my opinion that some of the resources in this blogroll are neither accurate, nor unbiased. I do, however, believe that they are useful in understanding the War on Terror, the many versions of Islam, terrorism, and related topics.