Thursday, March 6, 2008

On the Other Hand, This Isn't the Sixties

"UrbanConservative is on Wikipedia" Urban Conservative (March 4, 2008)

That's "Urban Conservative," not "Ultra Conservative." Earlier today ("Recruiting Center Blast ... Deja Vu All Over Again"), I wrote about how today seemed like a flashback from the sixties.

An "Urban Conservative" directory showing up in Wikipedia is something that just wouldn't have happened in the groovy decade. For starters, the Internet as we know it didn't exist then. More to the point, ordinary people didn't have easy access to any information source, other than the news.

The news, where daily body counts and the most horrific photos available were delivered in time for the evening meal, and where America learned that VFW members were all grossly obese, wore 26 inch belts under their guts, and could only be photographed in full-body profile.

The good old days? You can have them!

No comments:

Unique, innovative candles


Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle Store

Blogroll

Note! Although I believe that these websites and blogs are useful resources for understanding the War on Terror, I do not necessarily agree with their opinions. 1 1 Given a recent misunderstanding of the phrase "useful resources," a clarification: I do not limit my reading to resources which support my views, or even to those which appear to be accurate. Reading opinions contrary to what I believed has been very useful at times: sometimes verifying my previous assumptions, sometimes encouraging me to change them.

Even resources which, in my opinion, are simply inaccurate are sometimes useful: these can give valuable insights into why some people or groups believe what they do.

In short, It is my opinion that some of the resources in this blogroll are neither accurate, nor unbiased. I do, however, believe that they are useful in understanding the War on Terror, the many versions of Islam, terrorism, and related topics.