Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and Illinois Veterans

Some soldiers have issues with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). PTSD is an anxiety disorder caused by a traumatic event that put someone’s life in danger.

The Illinois Warrior Assistance Program (www.illinoiswarrior.com) might be able to help. It's for veterans who
  • Are a resident of the state of Illinois
  • Are no more than 64 years old
  • Have served for at least 180 days of duty after training
  • Meet other qualifications
There's more about post-traumatic stress disorder, and the American military's shortcomings in dealing with it, in "Warrior Hotline Program Helps Soldiers With Post-Traumatic Stress" FOXNews (March 19, 2008).

It's good to know that there's this program in Illinois. I don't know about the other 49 states.

No comments:

Unique, innovative candles


Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle Store

Blogroll

Note! Although I believe that these websites and blogs are useful resources for understanding the War on Terror, I do not necessarily agree with their opinions. 1 1 Given a recent misunderstanding of the phrase "useful resources," a clarification: I do not limit my reading to resources which support my views, or even to those which appear to be accurate. Reading opinions contrary to what I believed has been very useful at times: sometimes verifying my previous assumptions, sometimes encouraging me to change them.

Even resources which, in my opinion, are simply inaccurate are sometimes useful: these can give valuable insights into why some people or groups believe what they do.

In short, It is my opinion that some of the resources in this blogroll are neither accurate, nor unbiased. I do, however, believe that they are useful in understanding the War on Terror, the many versions of Islam, terrorism, and related topics.