- "White House: Syria reactor not for 'peaceful' purposes">"
CNN (April 25, 2008)
- "Ambassador: Claims about Syria are 'Iraq déjà vu'"
CNN (April 25, 2008)
That ambassador mentioned in the headline is the Syrian ambassador.
"He noted that the photos showed just one building -- which didn't have enough power or other complex facilities nearby, such as reprocessing plant for extracting plutonium from spent nuclear fuel -- in order to operate a nuclear program.
" 'I had to ask myself, is this Hollywood or Foggy Bottom?' he said, calling it 'Iraq déjà vu.' "
I'm sure that the ambassador will find many people agreeing with him, in principle, in America: 'Everybody knows' that the Bush administration lied to justify an attack on Iraq. I think the motive is supposed to have something to do with an oil company.
Returning to reality, I recommend reading:
- "Nuclear Syria aided by North Korea"
American Interests (May 2, 2008)
My last post on this topic, "Unilateral Attack Sparks International Condemnation! Syria Had No Reactor! Pay No Attention to the North Koreans!" (April 26, 2008) was cited by another blog, American Interests.
In the interests of full disclosure: I'm biased. In a situation like this, I am more inclined to believe Israel, and American intelligence agencies, than a nations whose leadership has at best a policy of active cooperation with organizations dedicated to eradicating Israel from the face of the Earth. (More at my previous blog post, cited above.)
Posts from "Another War-on-Terror Blog," on the Israeli raid and its aftermath:
- "Unilateral Attack Sparks International Condemnation! Syria Had No Reactor! Pay No Attention to the North Koreans!"
(April 26, 2008)
- "Syrian Ambassador: Reactor? That's No Reactor"
(April 24, 2008)
- "Return of the Radioactive Kimchi!! North Korean Nuclear Reactor in Syria Back in the News"
( April 23, 2008)
- "Back to Syria's Mystery Building"
(October 29, 2007)
- "Satellite Images of Syrian Reactor / Warehouse"
(October 25, 2007)
- "Putin, Ahmadinejad, Iran, Syria, Israel: Here We Go Again?"
(October 18, 2007)
- " 'The Jews Blew Up Our Reactor (Which Does Not Exist)' "
(October 17, 2007)
- "In the News: Anxious Republicans, Castro and Chavez are Friends, and, oh, yes: Israel Destroyed Syrian Nuclear Reactor"
(October 14, 2007)
- "No Radioactive Kimchi: Israel Blew Up a Syrian Reactor"
(October 13, 2007)
- "Radioactive Kimchi, or Nuclear Bomb Material?"
(September 23, 2007)
- "Nuclear Materials from North Korea,
Sand, or Radioactive Kimchi?"
( September 18, 2007)
- "Nuclear Stockpile Bombed?"
(September 16, 2007)
1("Country Reports on Terrorism 2005" Chapter 6 -- State Sponsors of Terror Overview GlobalSecurity.org).