I ran into a post on another blog last night that gave me a much-needed laugh. The blog itself is very biased, and makes generalizations about the Democratic Party that may not be valid.
Just the same, "21 WAYS TO BE A GOOD DEMOCRAT" describes a sort of person that I recognized, mostly from my college days and my sojourn in San Francisco. You'll probably recognize the all-too-accurate definition of the typical dedicated liberal, too: unless you hold such views yourself.
Aside from the entertainment value, that post is a good reminder - to everyone - that assumptions should be reviewed and assessed once in a while. Particularly one's own.
- "You have to be against capital punishment, but support abortion on demand.
- "You have to believe that businesses create oppression and governments create prosperity.
- "You have to believe that there was no art before Federal funding.
- "You have to believe that global temperatures are less affected by cyclical documented changes in the earth's climate and more affected by soccer moms driving SUV's.
- "You have to believe that hunters don't care about nature, but loony activists who have never been outside of San Francisco do.
- "You have to believe that self-esteem is more important than actually doing something to earn it.
- "You have to believe the NRA is bad because it supports certain parts of the Constitution, while the ACLU is good because it supports certain parts of the Constitution.
- "You have to believe that Margaret Sanger and Gloria Steinem are more important to American history than Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Edison, and A.G. Bell.
- "You have to believe that standardized tests are racist, but racial quotas and set-asides are not.
- "You have to believe that homosexual parades displaying drag, transvestites, and bestiality should be constitutionally protected, and manger scenes at Christmas should be illegal.
- "You have to believe that this message is a part of a vast, right wing conspiracy.
That "Ready to vote???" is a mildly-scary reminder that Americans will be selecting leaders this November: including a president.
"21 WAYS TO BE A GOOD DEMOCRAT"
democrat=socialist (December 30, 2007)
The blog has changed its URL recently, but the blogger apparently intends to maintain the old posts as a sort of legacy blog. New URL: www.dequalss.com/wp/.