Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Manure Trailer Over the Top: Funny, but Over the Top

I'm all for free speech, and no supporter of Barack Obama, but this is over the top.

The Whitehall, Montana, Democratic campaign office has a trailer of manure parked across the street.

A construction and excavation company owner in Whitehall parked the trailer there, as a metaphor of his opinion of Barack Obama. Reaction has been mixed.
  • "I think Obama's plan is just one big old poop sandwich and we're all going to have to take a bite"
    Terry Reed, the company owner
  • "People in Whitehall were upset, they were outraged,... I don't think Whitehall should be represented as this podunk, ignorant community. There are lots of good people here."
    Suzanne Molyneaux, Obama campaign election team leader in Whitehall
Ms. Molyneaux also said that traffic was clogged, because people were stopping to take pictures of the manure trailer.

I think it's funny: but then, I live in another podunk,ignorant community (by some standards, anyway): one with active livestock operations within a mile of my home> I have a rather more neighborly relationship with manure than many city folks.

Still, that pile of manure is the visual, and olfactory, equivalent of name-calling. Which I don't think is a good way of expressing views.

In the news:

No comments:

Unique, innovative candles


Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle Store

Blogroll

Note! Although I believe that these websites and blogs are useful resources for understanding the War on Terror, I do not necessarily agree with their opinions. 1 1 Given a recent misunderstanding of the phrase "useful resources," a clarification: I do not limit my reading to resources which support my views, or even to those which appear to be accurate. Reading opinions contrary to what I believed has been very useful at times: sometimes verifying my previous assumptions, sometimes encouraging me to change them.

Even resources which, in my opinion, are simply inaccurate are sometimes useful: these can give valuable insights into why some people or groups believe what they do.

In short, It is my opinion that some of the resources in this blogroll are neither accurate, nor unbiased. I do, however, believe that they are useful in understanding the War on Terror, the many versions of Islam, terrorism, and related topics.