Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Barack Obama: America's Jesse "The Governor" Ventura?

Barack Obama is President-Elect of the United States of America. At the electoral college level, the vote wasn't particularly close. It may be called a 'landslide.'

At this point, Wednesday morning, Obama won the electoral college, 338 to 163.

In terms of actual voters, the score, with 99 percent of precincts reporting, is Obama 62,521,378 to McCain 55,446,011. That's 52 percent to 46 percent. That may not be quite a landslide victory, but it's impressive.

I've read that it was many young and black first-time voters who tipped the scale.

This isn't the first time that first-time voters and the "politically disheartened" put a leader in office. Ten years ago, Jesse "The Body" Ventura became Governor Jesse Ventura. That was the start of one of Minnesota's more colorful four years.

I'll be quite interested in following the Obama presidency. If nothing else, his taste for huge outdoor gatherings of supporters should make it interesting.

Background:

No comments:

Unique, innovative candles


Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle Store

Blogroll

Note! Although I believe that these websites and blogs are useful resources for understanding the War on Terror, I do not necessarily agree with their opinions. 1 1 Given a recent misunderstanding of the phrase "useful resources," a clarification: I do not limit my reading to resources which support my views, or even to those which appear to be accurate. Reading opinions contrary to what I believed has been very useful at times: sometimes verifying my previous assumptions, sometimes encouraging me to change them.

Even resources which, in my opinion, are simply inaccurate are sometimes useful: these can give valuable insights into why some people or groups believe what they do.

In short, It is my opinion that some of the resources in this blogroll are neither accurate, nor unbiased. I do, however, believe that they are useful in understanding the War on Terror, the many versions of Islam, terrorism, and related topics.