Friday, March 18, 2011

Iran, Dubious Equipment, and a Nuclear Weapons Program that Doesn't Exist

Maybe it's all a big mistake. Maybe the equipment headed from China to Iran really isn't intended for a nuclear weapons program.

Maybe Iran really doesn't have a nuclear weapons program. The last I heard, that was still the official line.

Maybe Iran's rulers have facilities for making weapons-grade heavy metal, and maintain a stockpile of long-range nuclear-capable missiles, because they need to generate electricity.

Maybe.

I think Iran's ayatollahs are serious about wanting to 'defend' their particular flavor if Islam from the 'great Satan America.' And anybody else who doesn't agree with them. (December 31, 2007)

I also think that Iran's ayatollahs aren't the only outfit that doesn't like the idea of folks speaking their mind and being allowed to watch beer commercials. And that's another topic. Topics.

Here's what got me started:
"Malaysian police said Friday that they had found equipment they suspect could be used to make nuclear weapons smuggled on board a ship headed to Iran.

"National police chief Ismail Omar told The Associated Press that the cargo was seized from a Malaysian-registered ship traveling from China to Tehran while it was docked at a central Malaysia harbor. Authorities are investigating whether the equipment could be used to make nuclear weapons.

"Malaysian International Shipping Corp. confirmed in a statement to the AP that police confiscated two containers from the MV Bunga Raya Satu on March 8. It said a freight forwarder had declared the contents as 'goods used for liquid mixing or storage for pharmaceutical or chemical or food industry.'..."
(Associated Press, via FoxNews.com)
Related posts:In the news:

No comments:

Unique, innovative candles


Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle Store

Blogroll

Note! Although I believe that these websites and blogs are useful resources for understanding the War on Terror, I do not necessarily agree with their opinions. 1 1 Given a recent misunderstanding of the phrase "useful resources," a clarification: I do not limit my reading to resources which support my views, or even to those which appear to be accurate. Reading opinions contrary to what I believed has been very useful at times: sometimes verifying my previous assumptions, sometimes encouraging me to change them.

Even resources which, in my opinion, are simply inaccurate are sometimes useful: these can give valuable insights into why some people or groups believe what they do.

In short, It is my opinion that some of the resources in this blogroll are neither accurate, nor unbiased. I do, however, believe that they are useful in understanding the War on Terror, the many versions of Islam, terrorism, and related topics.