Saturday, February 7, 2009

Hamas, UNRWA, Stolen Food, and the United Nations

Hamas may be in for a rude awakening.

The United Nations stopped shipping food into Gaza - at least partly because Hamas stole what they'd sent before. The U.N. wants Hamas to release the food, and give it to the people it was intended for.

It gets worse. Or better, depending on where you stand:

"...On Tuesday, the U.N.'s Office for Humanitarian Affairs issued a report on the Jan. 6 incident that claimed the lives of 43 Palestinians, stating that 'the shelling, and all of the fatalities, took place outside rather than inside the school.'..."

The U.N.'s failure to blame Israel for stealing the food and acknowledgment that the deaths at that UNRWA school were outside the school, not inside, are more Zionist lies: or a rather serious crack in the United Nations' traditional stance on the poor Palestinians and Oppressor Israel.

I like to think that blaming the Jews is becoming unfashionable at the United Nations, but it's early days yet. If UNRWA, other agencies, and quite a number of member states move into the universe the rest of us live in, it's good news.

If not, it's business as usual.

Related posts: In the news:

No comments:

Unique, innovative candles


Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle Store

Blogroll

Note! Although I believe that these websites and blogs are useful resources for understanding the War on Terror, I do not necessarily agree with their opinions. 1 1 Given a recent misunderstanding of the phrase "useful resources," a clarification: I do not limit my reading to resources which support my views, or even to those which appear to be accurate. Reading opinions contrary to what I believed has been very useful at times: sometimes verifying my previous assumptions, sometimes encouraging me to change them.

Even resources which, in my opinion, are simply inaccurate are sometimes useful: these can give valuable insights into why some people or groups believe what they do.

In short, It is my opinion that some of the resources in this blogroll are neither accurate, nor unbiased. I do, however, believe that they are useful in understanding the War on Terror, the many versions of Islam, terrorism, and related topics.