Tuesday, October 16, 2007

U.S. Airlines Repaired Overseas, TSA Terror Report Overdue

Oh, Great: Business as usual in Washington.

Congress told the Transportation Safety Administration (TSA) to write regulations about U.S. airliners being repaired overseas. Four years ago. The TSA was told to do a lot of other things, too, like figure out ways to protect against IEDs.

Now, with national elections just over a year away, our leaders in Congress are angry: very angry. How, they ask on camera, can this be?

Here's a reasonable guess: Congress is better at giving orders than giving resources to get the orders done; and the TSA is a bureaucracy, and so nearly incompetent at dealing with a new situation.

I don't think that who's right and who's wrong in Washington is anywhere near as important as American officials realizing that there's a war on.

"Another War-on-Terror Blog" isn't political, but politicos are inextricably tangled in decisions in all countries. And that means that, sooner or later, the issue of how - and whether - to keep religious loons from killing Americans and other infidels (1), will rub against the political world.

(1) Yes, I know that quite a number of Americans are Muslims. But I get the impression that outfits like the Taliban and Al Qaeda lump all Yankees together.

No comments:

Unique, innovative candles


Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle Store

Blogroll

Note! Although I believe that these websites and blogs are useful resources for understanding the War on Terror, I do not necessarily agree with their opinions. 1 1 Given a recent misunderstanding of the phrase "useful resources," a clarification: I do not limit my reading to resources which support my views, or even to those which appear to be accurate. Reading opinions contrary to what I believed has been very useful at times: sometimes verifying my previous assumptions, sometimes encouraging me to change them.

Even resources which, in my opinion, are simply inaccurate are sometimes useful: these can give valuable insights into why some people or groups believe what they do.

In short, It is my opinion that some of the resources in this blogroll are neither accurate, nor unbiased. I do, however, believe that they are useful in understanding the War on Terror, the many versions of Islam, terrorism, and related topics.