Friday, October 26, 2007

Jamal Badawi Blew Up USS Cole, Yemen Released Him

The former USS Cole commander said that Yemen's release of Jamal Badawi, Al Qaeda leader and planner of the 2000 Cole attack, shows that Yemen is not a reliable ally in the war on terror.

I disagree.

I'd say that Yemen is a quite reliable ally: but not America's.

Jamal Badawi's plan killed 17 American sailors. Yemen's government
  1. Sentenced Badawi to death
  2. Commuted the sentence to 15 years
  3. Released Badawi, after he pledged loyalty to the Yemeni President
Somewhere in there, Jamal Badawi escaped. Twice.

Spiffing.

I try to provide links to relatively reliable sources in these posts. That won't happen this time. For one thing, I heard this little gem of Middle East justice on a news program, without an opportunity to nail down exactly where the information was coming from. For another, I can't find anything about Jamal Badawi's good news on the Web.

Finally, since I've spent more time than I should on this blog already today, I've got to quit.

No comments:

Unique, innovative candles


Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle Store

Blogroll

Note! Although I believe that these websites and blogs are useful resources for understanding the War on Terror, I do not necessarily agree with their opinions. 1 1 Given a recent misunderstanding of the phrase "useful resources," a clarification: I do not limit my reading to resources which support my views, or even to those which appear to be accurate. Reading opinions contrary to what I believed has been very useful at times: sometimes verifying my previous assumptions, sometimes encouraging me to change them.

Even resources which, in my opinion, are simply inaccurate are sometimes useful: these can give valuable insights into why some people or groups believe what they do.

In short, It is my opinion that some of the resources in this blogroll are neither accurate, nor unbiased. I do, however, believe that they are useful in understanding the War on Terror, the many versions of Islam, terrorism, and related topics.