Oh, yeah: The Miranda thing:
"Alleged terrorist Faisal Shahzad was initially questioned by authorities under the public safety exception to the Miranda rule, Deputy Director of the FBI John S. Pistole said today at a press conference. Shahzad, who faces terrorism charges for a failed attempt to blow up a car in Times Square, was later read his Miranda rights and continued to cooperate with authorities after that, Pistole said...."
Times Square Bombing, Protecting People, and Politics as UsualMaybe things have changed in the last several years: but I'm pretty sure that some of the more overheated minds in America are already busy warning us that
- Miranda warnings are
- Part of a commie plot to enslave us all
- Nowhere near strong enough to protect us from those brutal police
- All foreigners are terrorits
- And they smell funny
- Any foreigner questioned by law enforcement is the victim of racial profiling
- And/or police brutality
At the rate this case is going, there should be plenty of time before the next election.
Cynical? Pessimistic? No, getting over some sort of an annoying bug.
- "New York City's Time Square: A Bomb, a Vietnam Vet, Electricity, and Congress"
(May 2, 2010)
- "Car Bomb in New York City's Times Square: An Update"
(May 2, 2010)
- "New York City's Times Square, a Smoking SUV, and Decisions"
(May 1, 2010)
- "The Times Square Suspect: Tracing the Pakistan Connection"
Time (May 4, 2010)
- "Faisal Shahzad Was Read Miranda Rights After Initial Questioning"
CBS News (May 4, 2010)
Post a Comment