Unofficially, it's not all that clear. Ahmadinejad's closest rival, Mir Hossein Moussavi, got about a third of the vote. For a candidate who had a great deal of popular support before the election, running against a sitting president who's gotten credit for making a mess of Iran's economy for the last four years, Mir Hossein Moussavi didn't do well at all.
Oddly enough, Moussavi didn't even win a majority of votes in his own home town.
"...Supreme Leader Ayatollah Khameini apparently has released a statement calling the results 'final' and hailing the election as a legitimization of the regime and its elections...." (FOXNews)Mir Hossein Moussavi is complaining about the results, but I doubt that Iran's courts will go against the stated wish of the Supreme Leader.
And it probably doesn't make all that much difference, who is president of Iran: except to Iranians.
Iran's chief of state is the Supreme Leader. That's been Ali Hoseini-Khamenei, since June 4, 1989. The Supreme Leader doesn't have to bother with elections. He's appointed by the Assembly of Experts, and holds the position for life.
With a setup like that, I don't think swapping out a president would make a big change in Iranian foreign policy.
- "Iran, Islam, 'Arrogant Powers' and 'Certain Expansionist Superpowers,' and Common Sense"
(May 30, 2009)
- "Roxana Saberi Out of Iran, in Vienna: Islamic Mercy Followed Through"
(May 15, 2009)
- "Iran Has Heavy Metal for Bomb, No Bomb: Yet"
(March 1, 2009)
- "If You Liked Hanoi Jane, You'll Love AMPAS in Iran: Maybe"
(February 28, 2009)
- "Iran Launched Satellite, Probably: and North Korea's Preparing for Launch"
(February 3, 2009)
- "Ahmadinejad Wants America to Apologize: This is News?"
(January 28, 2009)
- "Iran's Nuclear Program, Israel, Iraq, America, Bush and Obama: Simple? Not!"
(January 11, 2009)
- "Ahmadinejad wins landslide in disputed election"
CNN (June 13, 2009)
- "Official: Obama Administration Skeptical of Iran's Election Results"
FOXNews (June 13, 2009)
World Factbook, CIA (last updated June 1, 2009)