Friday, June 26, 2009

Moussavi Told to Keep Quiet Like a Loser Should

Mir Hossein Moussavi, who might have won the recent Iranian presidential election under, ah, different circumstances, may be under house arrest. And, he got a warning from Iran's government:
"Members of Iran's influential National Security Council have told opposition leader Mir Hossein Moussavi that his repeated demands for the annulment of the June 12 election results are 'illogical and unethical,' state media reported...." (CNN)
I don't blame the National Security Council one bit. The 'correct' candidate won the election, just like he was supposed to: and here one of the people who was supposed to lose isn't accepting his assigned role. It must be frustrating.

Particularly since videos of the ayatollah's enforcers dealing with protesters are making the Islamic Republic look like a brutal dictatorship.

And, apparently, it's the fault of Moussavi and the CIA.

Related posts: In the news:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Iran must be on the front page every day. The MJ and Sanford stories have to take a back seat to the situation there. There is a related post at http://iamsoannoyed.com/?p=1967

Unique, innovative candles


Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle Store

Blogroll

Note! Although I believe that these websites and blogs are useful resources for understanding the War on Terror, I do not necessarily agree with their opinions. 1 1 Given a recent misunderstanding of the phrase "useful resources," a clarification: I do not limit my reading to resources which support my views, or even to those which appear to be accurate. Reading opinions contrary to what I believed has been very useful at times: sometimes verifying my previous assumptions, sometimes encouraging me to change them.

Even resources which, in my opinion, are simply inaccurate are sometimes useful: these can give valuable insights into why some people or groups believe what they do.

In short, It is my opinion that some of the resources in this blogroll are neither accurate, nor unbiased. I do, however, believe that they are useful in understanding the War on Terror, the many versions of Islam, terrorism, and related topics.