Sunday, June 21, 2009

Truck Bombing in Iraq: Lions of Islam Hit Another Mosque

I see in the headlines that yesterday's truck bombing near a mosque near Kirkuk, Iraq, is more than the familiar news.

It was in Taza, a town roughly 10 miles southwest of the Iraqi city.

The body count from yesterday's bombing in Kirkuk, Iraq, is now 80. The number of wounded is 211, and 50 or more buildings were destroyed. Apparently it was the most destructive bombing in Iraq so far this year. (CNN)
"...Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki called the attack a 'heinous terrorist crime.'..." (CNN)
I think the Iraqi Prime Minister is spot-on with his description of the bombing.

What is it With the Lions of Islam and Mosques?

I've been impressed with the way that people who claim to be defending Islam so often send a personal representative to make sure that a mosque gets damaged or destroyed in one of their attacks.

I suspect that this preference hasn't escaped the notice of Muslims, either.

If this keeps up, more may follow the example of Mohammed Shaikh and his mosque in Toronto.

More-or-less related posts: In the news:

No comments:

Unique, innovative candles


Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle Store

Blogroll

Note! Although I believe that these websites and blogs are useful resources for understanding the War on Terror, I do not necessarily agree with their opinions. 1 1 Given a recent misunderstanding of the phrase "useful resources," a clarification: I do not limit my reading to resources which support my views, or even to those which appear to be accurate. Reading opinions contrary to what I believed has been very useful at times: sometimes verifying my previous assumptions, sometimes encouraging me to change them.

Even resources which, in my opinion, are simply inaccurate are sometimes useful: these can give valuable insights into why some people or groups believe what they do.

In short, It is my opinion that some of the resources in this blogroll are neither accurate, nor unbiased. I do, however, believe that they are useful in understanding the War on Terror, the many versions of Islam, terrorism, and related topics.