It was in Taza, a town roughly 10 miles southwest of the Iraqi city.
The body count from yesterday's bombing in Kirkuk, Iraq, is now 80. The number of wounded is 211, and 50 or more buildings were destroyed. Apparently it was the most destructive bombing in Iraq so far this year. (CNN)
"...Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki called the attack a 'heinous terrorist crime.'..." (CNN)I think the Iraqi Prime Minister is spot-on with his description of the bombing.
What is it With the Lions of Islam and Mosques?I've been impressed with the way that people who claim to be defending Islam so often send a personal representative to make sure that a mosque gets damaged or destroyed in one of their attacks.
I suspect that this preference hasn't escaped the notice of Muslims, either.
If this keeps up, more may follow the example of Mohammed Shaikh and his mosque in Toronto.
More-or-less related posts:
- "Truck Bomb Kills Five! (oh, and Iraqi Prime Minister Pledges No Retreat)"
(June 20, 2009)
- "Canadian Mosque's 'Specialized De-Radicalization Intervention Program' - Sounds Good"
(February 26, 2009)
- "Gitmo Prisoner Released to Saudi Arabia, Graduated from Jihad Rehab, Rejoined Al Qaeda: Success Story?"
(January 23, 2009)
- "Saudi Arabia's National Day, Islam, and Tribalism: This is Big"
(September 27, 2008)
- "Indonesian Deradicalization Program Working: In Indonesia, at Least"
(January 15, 2008)
- "Saudi Breakthrough! Jihadists Reformed!! Al Qaeda Members Promise No More Jihad*!!!"
(November 27, 2007)
- * You definitely need to read past the headline of this post
- "Celebrate Today, or You're a Bigot!"
(September 9, 2007)
- "If You Hear Someone Speaking Arabic, GET A GRIP!"
(September 1, 2007)
- "Jihad Rehab"
(August 22, 2007)
- "Iraq: Death toll from huge suicide blast soars"
CNN (June 21, 2009)