Our national leaders are helping us, by sharing their wisdom and experience. Here's a sample:
"If Sarah Palin isn't enough of a reason for you to get over whatever your problem is with Barack Obama, then you damn well had better pay attention," according to Congressman Alcee Hastings. "Anybody toting guns and stripping moose don't care too much about what they do with Jews and blacks. So, you just think this through."
His audience loved it, laughing and applauding.
Representative Hastings' remarks have received very little attention in national news, but a south Florida newspaper did explain that "...U.S. Rep. and Palm Beach County congressional delegation member Alcee Hastings meant to disparage Sarah Palin, but not the nation's hunters and sportsmen...." And, it's CNN's fault, because the network didn't explain how off-base Palin is on topics other than moose hunting.
Taking a line through " 'sarah palin hot photos' and the American Presidential Election," it's going to be a long, dreary, road to November 4.
In the news:
- "Hastings’ office explains…"
Palm Beach Post (September 25, 2008)
- "Alcee Hastings Attempts To Scare Jews About Palin"
the Post Chronicle (September 25, 2008)
- "Florida Congressman: Palin 'Don't Care Too Much What They Do With Jews and Blacks' "
Political Radar blog, ABC News (September 24, 2008)
- "Florida congressman points to Palin to rally Jews to Obama"
Political Ticker... blog, CNN (September 24, 2008)
- America determines who leads using a political process
- America's leadership over the next several years will make a great difference in how the War on Terror is conducted
- So, politics is inextricably entangled in the War on Terror
This just keeps getting better and better.