Friday, August 17, 2007

News Bloopers: Enjoy

This is a change-of-pace for "Another War-on-Terror Blog."

I rely on traditional news reports for most of my information, since they seem to be accurate in matters of fact, for the most part.

While doing research for another blog today, I ran into "Things People Said: News Reports," a sort of blooper log of odd-to-weird slips-ups in the news.

This has very little to do with the subject of this blog, but the entries are funny. And quite British.

My favorites, today, are the headline, "Flawless Take-Off Marred By Hitch," and "Today Lesbian forces invaded...no, sorry, that should be Lesbianese," from a televised news report. See if you can guess what country the "Lesbianese" forces were from, without seeing the entry.

No comments:

Unique, innovative candles


Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle Store

Blogroll

Note! Although I believe that these websites and blogs are useful resources for understanding the War on Terror, I do not necessarily agree with their opinions. 1 1 Given a recent misunderstanding of the phrase "useful resources," a clarification: I do not limit my reading to resources which support my views, or even to those which appear to be accurate. Reading opinions contrary to what I believed has been very useful at times: sometimes verifying my previous assumptions, sometimes encouraging me to change them.

Even resources which, in my opinion, are simply inaccurate are sometimes useful: these can give valuable insights into why some people or groups believe what they do.

In short, It is my opinion that some of the resources in this blogroll are neither accurate, nor unbiased. I do, however, believe that they are useful in understanding the War on Terror, the many versions of Islam, terrorism, and related topics.