Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The CIA, the BBC, Iran, and an Iranian Scientist

"Iran nuclear scientist Shahram Amiri 'defects to US' "
BBC (March 31, 2010)

"An Iranian nuclear scientist who has been missing since June has defected to the US, according to a US media report.

ABC News said Shahram Amiri had been resettled in the US and was helping the CIA in its efforts to block Iran's nuclear programme.

Mr Amiri disappeared in Saudi Arabia while on a Muslim pilgrimage.

Iran accused the US of abducting him but Washington denied any knowledge of the scientist. The CIA has declined to comment on the latest report. ...
"
Well, maybe the CIA kidnapped an Iranian scientist, implanted a chip in his brain that makes him say what they want him to, and the IAEA's concerns about Iran's nuclear program are all part of a CIA plot.

And maybe the world is really run by shape-shifting space-alien lizard people.

I rather doubt it. Not that somebody in the CIA would capture ("kidnap," if you must) an Iranian scientist: that the international concern about Iran's nuclear program is some kinda plot.

Which isn't what the BBC article says.

They're awfully careful, though, to focus on the CIA's interest in Iran's activities.

Don't Look Behind the Curtain

I think it's remotely possible that Iran has been ramping up its production capacity for weapons-grade heavy metals and obstructing U.N. efforts to let inspectors look at the 'peaceful' nuclear program's facilities. Possible, but not likely.

Related posts:

No comments:

Unique, innovative candles


Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle Store

Blogroll

Note! Although I believe that these websites and blogs are useful resources for understanding the War on Terror, I do not necessarily agree with their opinions. 1 1 Given a recent misunderstanding of the phrase "useful resources," a clarification: I do not limit my reading to resources which support my views, or even to those which appear to be accurate. Reading opinions contrary to what I believed has been very useful at times: sometimes verifying my previous assumptions, sometimes encouraging me to change them.

Even resources which, in my opinion, are simply inaccurate are sometimes useful: these can give valuable insights into why some people or groups believe what they do.

In short, It is my opinion that some of the resources in this blogroll are neither accurate, nor unbiased. I do, however, believe that they are useful in understanding the War on Terror, the many versions of Islam, terrorism, and related topics.