Thursday, May 14, 2009

Department of Homeland Security No Longer Fears American Veterans?

It may be that something of monumental importance has happened at the Department of Homeland Security.

It is possible that the new DHS, under the current administration, now realizes that people who fought to protect America's freedom are not all potential terrorists.

I wrote a little more, with links to my sources, in another blog:

"DHS Report Identifying Veterans and Pro-Lifers as Potential Terrorists (Quietly) Withdrawn"
A Catholic Citizen in America (May 14, 2009)

As I said in that post, "...Maybe they'd never actually seen an American veteran, and had only read about what Code Pink had to say about America's military...."

Other explanations, which gives a little more credit to the intelligence and knowledge of Department of Homeland Security staff, are more disturbing. I think it is possible, however unlikely, that key DHS people really believe that Timothy McVeigh is a typical American veteran, and that people who object to killing babies are prone to violence.

Related posts:

No comments:

Unique, innovative candles


Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle Store

Blogroll

Note! Although I believe that these websites and blogs are useful resources for understanding the War on Terror, I do not necessarily agree with their opinions. 1 1 Given a recent misunderstanding of the phrase "useful resources," a clarification: I do not limit my reading to resources which support my views, or even to those which appear to be accurate. Reading opinions contrary to what I believed has been very useful at times: sometimes verifying my previous assumptions, sometimes encouraging me to change them.

Even resources which, in my opinion, are simply inaccurate are sometimes useful: these can give valuable insights into why some people or groups believe what they do.

In short, It is my opinion that some of the resources in this blogroll are neither accurate, nor unbiased. I do, however, believe that they are useful in understanding the War on Terror, the many versions of Islam, terrorism, and related topics.